Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Run gone wrong

We met at 5:30 for the typical Wednesday night hill run and before the run even started, my stomach was feeling a little iffy so I wasn't sure if I was going to push it to hard. *M* showed up for the run and I knew he was going to want to run faster than the pace the group typically starts out at. Sure enough when the run started, he immediately started at a quick pace. Of course, I can't just sit back and run easy, so off I go too. The first 3.7 miles are mostly downhill on this course and *M* and I ran the first two in 7:41, 7:18, then he wanted to slow down a bit and save some for the hills, I on the other hand was feeling spectacular, so I kept pushing it and did the next one in 7:06. By now I was into the hill portion so the 4th mile slowed to 8:22, but that's also when disaster hit! The 'iffy' feeling in my stomach was back and by 4.25 miles in, I had to stop and walk... not fun especially when I was having such a great run. I ended up walking about 3/4 of a mile before I was rescued by my hubby, but not before a torrential downpour hit completely drenching me! fun stuff :D

No comments: