Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 2nd to 8th, 2009

This week I felt motivated to add a little more variety such as hills and some faster running because I've been feeling a little slow and sluggish lately while my body is adapting to the mileage.

Monday
Off

Tuesday
9 mi, 8:35/mi, 141 bpm
I started this run by tackling Parnassus St from 6th to Stanyan. The first uphill section starts at 300 feet and rises to 500 feet over 1/4 mile. It then flattens out briefly before a 1/4 mile downhill to about 375 feet. I did this section twice then headed to the track for a 5 x 100 meters to get the legs moving a little. After that I headed into the park. Overall a nice run.

Wednesday
Med-Long
12.25 mi, 8:37/mi, 132 bpm
Started out the same as yesterday on Parnassus, then the track then out to the park. Feeling a little tired today.

Thursday
Recovery
4.5 mi, 9:10/mi, 118 bpm
Felt really tired today.

Friday
Off
Had planned on running today. Got up, got dressed, then headed out the door, that's when I saw the pouring rain, it was coming down sideways and there were puddles out there that looked deep enough to swim in...so I turned around and jumped back into bed for an extra hour and a half of sleep. Glad I made that decision, I needed the sleep.

Saturday
Fartlek
7.5 mi, 8:02/mi, 145bpm
Due to the extra sleep yesterday I felt terrific today. Headed out super early (5am) since we had some friends in town and it was the only time that I could get it done.

This run included 5 pickups between 1/2 and 3/4 mile with the pace between 6:38 and 7:10. It was VERY quiet in the park this early, I only saw 2 other runners and that was near the end of the run.

Sunday
Long Run
20.25 mi, 8:13/mi, 142 bpm
This run was kind of tough today, I felt good for the most part, but my legs started getting really tight a few times which forced me to stop and stretch them out. After stretching though, they felt really good for a while. The middle miles were the toughest, once I got to 15 I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and started picking it up. At the end I felt like I could of run a few more.

Total: 53.50 miles

No comments: