Sunday, January 25, 2009

Upcoming Race

A few weeks ago I decided to sign up for the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon which is on Super Bowl Sunday! I am looking forward to this race even though I don't think I'll be able to run anything close to a PR. The race starts in Golden Gate Park near Stow Lake, so I'll be able to jog to the start from my apartment. The course is one that I am very familiar with since I run it every weekend for my long run! It is a big race with close to 10,000 runners. The course starts in the park, heads east to the panhandle then back into the park heading down JFK to the Great Highway along the ocean. It turns around just past the zoo and then back along the ocean before heading into the park for the finish.

Last year the weather was apparently quite bad with high winds and rain, so far the forecast this year is calling for sun and a low of 41 and a high of 61. Hopefully that forecast holds true and the winds stay at bay.

No comments: