Friday, January 9, 2009

New Found Love

The other day Jim brought home a foam roller...ho hum...sounds pretty boring right? Up until then, I had read about people using foam rollers to massage their achy muscles, but I had never used one and I really thought it was similar to 'the stick'. I actually own 'the stick' but unfortunately it is packed in a box somewhere sitting in Ohio. The stick is a really great tool, for massaging hamstrings, quads and calves, but it never worked that well on my glutes. So along comes the foam roller and I cannot believe it, but after using it for only 2 days, this nagging ache I had in my glutes has completely disappeared! So I am totally sold on the foam roller and wanted to share my joy with whoever may find themselves reading this blog.

Here's a good article from Running Times.

No comments: